Sunday, May 8, 2011

ups and downs.

I’m graduating tomorrow.

I’m leaving for KD in two and a half weeks.

I’m moving to Texas in August.

WHAT?!

I’ve had my ups and downs about all of this. I’ve gone back and forth ALL semester between excitement and fear, joy and sadness, contentment and loneliness. One day, I can’t wait for the next step of the journey… and the next day (or sometimes just a couple hours later), I’m crying myself to sleep. Even though I’ve done a relatively good job at holding myself together, my emotions have been fluctuating out of control, and it’s really a draining process.

My last day at MSU is tomorrow, and I can hardly believe it. I took my time through this school year, knowing that it came too soon, yet not wanting it to end. I didn’t rush the moments, and I took advantage of (almost) every opportunity. It terrifies me that before I know it, I’ll be leaving behind everyone and everything I know and love for a new, uncertain adventure… but I’ve captured every possible memory to carry with me. I’m SO thankful for a God who sustains me, who loves me, and who will never leave me no matter where I go. Anddd I’m praising Him for dear friends who’ve promised to be there for me—even from thousands of miles away.

This is a time of change, a time of transition, a time of finality, but also a time of new beginnings. Here’s to the One who remains constant through it all! PTL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment